Application Procedures for 2019-2020 Fiscal Year Activities
The Committee on Faculty Resources (CoFR) is now accepting requests for funding to support Faculty Research and Creative Work to be undertaken during the 2019-2020 fiscal year (July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020).
Please review the Research/Study Fund Guidelines in Appendix G of the Faculty Handbook.
We would like to bring your attention to the following important policies governing application for Faculty Research / Creative Work Funds:
1. All applications for Faculty Research / Creative Work Funds must be filed by way of this online submission form
You are encouraged to review the form first. A PDF of the online form is available here:
2. Please provide a complete budget for your proposed activity and list additional resources available to you.
CoFR finds that it serves the interests of applicants and the work of the Committee to have a full picture of a faculty member's needs and additional funding sources for a given project. CoFR's goal is to ensure that the greatest number of faculty have the best chance to receive the most funding toward their real costs. CoFR's familiarity with other funding sources around campus means that CoFR can assist faculty in providing as much funding as possible. Providing a complete budget picture allows CoFR to help faculty achieve this end.
3. Workshops, Research Meetings, Collaborative Conference Projects: Research or Conference Travel?
CoFR will entertain applications for research/creative work funding to support attendance at workshops, research group meetings, and other collaborative work that in many ways might look like conference travel, but whose main agenda is to complete and disseminate scholarly or creative work. Mere attendance of conferences-as-research itself is unlikely to receive support except in rare circumstances.
4. Requests for support must be filed before the project activity is begun. Requests for retrospective funding of completed or ongoing activities cannot be considered.
5. College-wide guidelines covering Travel, Entertainment, and Business-Related Expenses will have been published. These guidelines will govern use of Faculty Research / Creative Work Funds as well.
6. New Reimbursement Procedures were introduced in Fall 2014. Please start your reimbursement request with the Reimbursement Procedures page.