Tuesdays @ 4 Faculty Development Series: KnoxAnyWare for Your Device: BYOD* for Faculty
(*Bring Your Own Device)
Tuesday, October 14 @ 4 PM
SMC E117, Francois Classroom
KnoxAnyWare, Knox's new virtual application server, works on almost any device.
Please bring any and all of your electronic devices that you would like to connect to KnoxAnyWare (tablets, smartphones, laptops). ITS staff will be on hand to walk you through setup, explain the main software available, help you connect to the files you create, and answer any other questions.
Refreshments will be served.
RSVP is encouraged but not required, but it would help us to know who is coming and what sort of devices you are bringing.
Upcoming Faculty Development Events:
Tuesday @ Noon: October 28
- All About Funding and Grants: Representatives from the Committee on Faculty Resources and Anne-Marie Berk, Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Sponsored Research Support, will provide an overview of internal and external grant opportunities for faculty and basic advice on securing funding for your scholarly/creative work.
Friday @ Four: November 7 - Jason Nethercut, Visiting Assistant Professor of Classics
ACM Notes Newsletter - Fall 2014
Highlights in the Fall 2014 issue:
• The new ACM off-campus study program in Shanghai, China will begin next fall. Featuring Knox faculty member Weihong Du.
• FaCE 3 starts up with a conference and RFP for grants to support faculty projects.
• Call for Participants: SAIL seminar with onsite portion in Jordan next summer.
• Teach in Shanghai or Jordan on an ACM visiting faculty position.
• Meeting in downtown Chicago? Campus groups can use meeting rooms at the ACM office.
Multi-Year Research Seminar on Off-Campus Experiential Learning
Elon University’s Center for Engaged Learning is pleased to announce the 2015-2017 Research Seminar on Integrating Global Learning with the University Experience: Higher-Impact Study Abroad and Off-Campus Domestic Study. This three-summer research seminar will facilitate multi-institutional research on study abroad and off-campus domestic study as integrated global learning practices. They invite interested scholars and practitioners, regardless of discipline, to apply to join a multi-institutional cohort of researchers collaborating to investigate evidence-based, high-quality study abroad and off-campus domestic study.
Read the Full Call for Applications
Preparing Future Faculty Program (U of Chicago) Seeks Faculty to Work with Graduate Students
The Chicago Center for Teaching seeks liberal arts college faculty to participate in a one-day seminar for graduate students at the University of Chicago on Friday, January 30, 2015. This year's topic 'The Introductory Course: Gateway to the Discipline'. Please read the full description here.
Participating faculty will receive one night's lodging and a $500 honorarium.
Apply by December 19, 2014.
Institute for Critical Social Inquiry (ICSI) Summer Seminars for Junior Faculty Announced
This summer, they will offer three seminars
, led by Distinguished Professor Talal Asad (CUNY); Heidegger
led by Hans Jonas Distinguished Professor Simon Critchley (NSSR); and Racial Formations and Justice Today
, led by James L. Dohr Professor of Law Patricia J. Williams (Columbia).
Applications are due February 1st, 2015, but we encourage applicants to seek funding from their home institutions as early as possible. (A possible Mellon FaCE Grant opportunity.)
For information: http://www.instituteforcriticalsocialinquiry.org/
Why the "Alumni Hall Issue?" It's being rededicated this weekend. Please attend the ribbon-cutting at 11 AM on Saturday, October 11. And thanks for reading this far!