CHECKLIST FOR EVENT PLANNING
- As soon as possible, reserve room and put on calendar.
(Most rooms are reserved through the Student Activities Office, x7489. But,
Ferris Lounge and dining areas in Seymour Union are reserved through Dining
Services, x7243; Harbach and the Studio Theatre need to be cleared with the
Theatre Department; and Kresge needs to be cleared with the Music Department.)
- Inform other people involved with planning the event
of the date.
- Inform Dean and President (if this is an event they should
try to attend).
- Inform the donor/sponsor, if any.
- Send visitor a W-9 form to fill out in advance (needed
for a check to be cut).
- Three weeks before the event, send cv or biographical
summary of visitor, description and title of talk, and photo (if you have
it) to the Office of Public Relations, box K-233 or email@example.com, specifying
publicity in the Knoxletter, local media, or more broadly.
- See to the production of poster and/or program. Contact
the Office of Public Relations for help; the more lead time you give them
- Distribute poster.
- Do outside publicity in region, if appropriate.
- Hotel reservation.
- Tend to travel arrangements.
- Refreshments (call or e-mail Dining Services, x7785).
- Arrange for set-up of chairs and lecturn (put in work
order at http://departments.knox.edu/workorder/).
- Arrange for airport pickup and airport return.
- Put in check request with Business Office; include the
W-9 form. It can take 2 weeks to get the check
- Arrange meals on campus.
- Arrange for AV equipment (x7541)
- Make sure AV set up is ready on the day of the event.
- Prepare introduction for speaker.
Account number to use for this event____________